Eyebrow microblading is a commonly sought out treatment these days for people with thin eyebrows. It is a type of semi-permanent tattooing wherein pigment is deposited in the eyebrow area using strokes of needles in a way that it mimics hair.
Q. How is the procedure done?
The procedure requires an expert eye and an artistic hand to create a natural look. First and foremost a shape of the brow is drawn, keeping in mind the globally accepted standards of eyebrow aesthetics, and filled with an a fine eye pencil to show the client what would the post-procedure look be like at this stage, depending upon one’s personal preferences, the patient can suggest changes in the shape and density of pigmentation that one aspires.
After that, a numbing cream is applied for an hour after which the process of microblading is started. It is minimally uncomfortable for the patient, however, is worth for the beautiful fuller eyebrows that one would get post the procedure.
Q. What are the precautions to be taken post the procedure?
For best results, strict adherence to the following instructions are recommended:
- Do not get your brows wet for the first 7-10 days.
- Use the healing balm (natural coconut oil) provided 2-3 times a day for the first 7-10 days with a cotton bud- NOT YOUR FINGERS!
- Do not apply any makeup on the treatment area for the first 7-10 days.
- No swimming, saunas/jacuzzi, sun beds for the first 7-10 days.
- Do not have any other cosmetic treatments such as facials, skin peels, laser ect within the first 4-6 weeks.
- Don’t pick, peel or scratch the treated area.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for the first 14 days.
- After 10 days an SPF of 20 or higher should be applied to the area.
- Long-term – In warmer climates, keep your brow area covered with a hat and or large sunglasses.
Q. What’s the healing process like?
At first your eyebrows, with their newly defined shape, fully look and enhanced color will look Great! Then the pigmentation might darken a bit, which would definitely settle soon.
After about 3-5 days, your eyebrows will start to flake and peel. DO NOT PICK at the dry skin, keep applying the aftercare balm. The flaking can last up to ten days and the colour may appear to fade too much lighter than expected. This is normal.
After about two weeks your brows will look how they’re supposed to look, but it’s important to maintain long-term care.
Keep the brow area moisturized and out of direct sunlight as much as possible.
Q. When does one need a top up?
About 4-6 weeks after your first treatment, you’ll need a follow-up appointment to top up the pigment and to make any small adjustments to the shape or fullness.
Q. How long do the results last?
Again, depending on how thick/full you want your eyebrows to look and how well you stick to the suggested aftercare guidelines, microblading can last between one to three years.
Top-ups may be required within 12 months.
Contact Us To Know More!
Our team will be happy to assist you!