There are many who desire to have fair and healthy skin and keep away the signs of ageing, effects of pollution and toxins in the enviornement and pigmentation. Though as Indians we tend to resort to daadi maa ke nuskhe for such issues, many a times they don’t work perhaps because daadi maa ke nuskhe worked in daadi maa’s time! However, with the advancement in the field of cosmetology, the infusion of Glutathione natural antioxidant is now possible. The Glutathione treatment is safe, affordable and effective. The skin treatment by Glutathione that is offered helps in brightening the skin, rejuvenating it and keeping away the signs of ageing.
Q. What is Glutathione?
Glutathione (GSH) is a natural antioxidant which is present in our body. It neutralizes free radicals and helps in immunity. It is involved in the building of body tissues and their repair. It is also one of the strongest anti-cancer agents manufactured in the body and can also delay the aging process. There are many food items that are rich in Glutathione. Some of them are:
Potatoes | Carrots | Onion | Broccoli | Tomatoes | Grapefruit | Apples | Eggs | Red Meat | Cheese |
However, Glutathione levels decrease with the increasing age. It is also used up quicker with greater exposure to toxins. Without the protection of GSH, the cells and body age faster. Hence, for those who look forward to maintaining a younger looking glowing skin, replenishing Glutathione externally becomes a natural choice.
The antioxidant is composed of three amino acids. They are
- Glutamic Acid
Its function in the body includes:
- Maintenance of Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Monitoring Hydrogen Peroxide production
- Neutralizing lipid peroxides-breakdown found in the membranes of our cells
Forms in which Glutathione for Skin Whitening Can be Taken
Timely Glutathione dosage is offered either in the form of injections or tablets. However, for fast improvement and result, skin treatment by Glutathione is mostly done through injections. This is so because when Glutathione dosage is given in the form of tablets or pills, they do not get absorbed well.
Glutathione Uses & Benefits
One can leverage oodles of Glutathione benefits provided she takes the Glutathione dosage in the right form and in the quantity prescribed by the experts. Some of the benefits of Glutathione injections or its tablets are:
- Glutathioneis a master anti-oxidant and helps fight the free radicals
- It is anti-ageing in nature
- It is a part of the natural UV defense system and thus, protects the body from harmful UV rays
- Glutathione injectionsor pills detoxify the body
- When the exact and correct amount of Glutathione dosage is taken, it helps in reducing the dark melanin pigments, and convert them into lighter pigments, thus, making the skin fairer, brighter and more even-toned.
Apart from the use of Glutathione for skin whitening, the Glutathione injections or pills are also given to treat the symptoms of various health complications and neurodegenerative diseases such as irritable bowel, chronic fatigue, stroke, multiple sclerosis, tremor, radical damage, etc.
All in all, there are many Glutathione benefits. Having mentioned that one should not ignore the Glutathione warnings. There are certain Glutathione side effects as well if this natural antioxidant is taken in a wrong way, in incorrect quantity or without the prescription of a specialist.
Glutathione Side Effects
Though as per studies, there are no noted Glutathione Side Effects but:
- Uncontrolled intake of Glutathione dosage has been linked to lower zinc levels
- If an individual going under skin treatment by glutathione has asthma, s/he should inform the same beforehand to the expert as Glutathione injections or pills are also linked with triggering of asthma attacks
- It is suggested to provide the skin specialist about the information of any additional supplement that you’re taking. The information helps the expert on checking on any potential side effects that arise due to the fusion of Glutathione dosage an additional supplement
- If one is sensitive to the Glutathione injections or pills of Glutathione for skin whitening, she should avoid it or inform the same to the professional before the commencement of the treatment.
- As with any other medicine, there is a potential of serious side effects like Stevens-Johnson syndrome / Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis with Glutathione as well.
The trained professionals of Kosmoderma give the injections twice a week till the desired result is visible. The frequency of injections is decreased to once a week afterward.
FAQ Related to Glutathione for Skin Whitening
What all factors lead to the depletion of Glutathione from the cells?
Pollutants that are present in the environment and a very poor lifestyle that includes poor diet, strenuous exercise, stress are some of the factors that deplete Glutathione.
What all toxins affect Glutathione?
Some of the toxins affecting Glutathione are
- Excessive Barbecued Food Items
- UV Radiation
How is Glutathione Delivered?
Glutathione is delivered with the help of either Glutathione injections or in the form of tablets. As mentioned before, the tablets do not get absorbed well and hence, the injections are preferred for quick results.
When Can I Expect the Results?
Glutathione for skin whitening procedure depends on the metabolic response of individuals. Some might see the result in as early as two weeks, while some may take longer. Results also vary on your current skin color.
How long will it take to get results?
Below is the standard duration for each skin color:
Medium brown skin: 1-3 months*
Dark brown skin: 3-6 months*
Very dark skin: 6-12 months*
Black skin: 2 years or more*
I don’t want to take the injections. Can I take the Glutathione pill instead?
Injectable GSH is directly infused into the vein and is absorbed quickly and is more effective. The pill is absorbed slower and is not as effective as the injectable treatment.
When can I stop the Glutathione treatment?
You can stop the skin treatment by Glutathione once you achieve the desired results. Having said that, taking the injections of the Glutathione periodically will actually help in anti-ageing of the skin.
How long the result obtained from Glutathione dosage will last?
The lasting of the result obtained from the treatment depends on how well you maintain it. You can do it by:
- Avoiding exposure to Sunlight
- Quit Smoking
- Oral Treatment with Vitamin C
- GSH precursors like N-acetyl cysteine
The results may wane off as early as 2 months post the last injection if proper care isn’t taken.
Book An Appointment Online
Call Us +91 80 – 3951 3501
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Contact Us To Know More!
Our team will be happy to assist you!