HAIR TRANSPLANT FOR MEN
Baldness is a very common issue troubling young men these days. While the onset of baldness used to occur in the 50’s or 60’s in the previous generations, a much earlier onset in the 20’s is seen in the current generation. Hair fall precedes the onset of baldness but all causes of hair fall do not result in baldness.
The most common cause of baldness is androgenetic alopecia (AGA) which is also known as patterned hair loss. It usually begins with hair fall(>100 hair/day) followed by the recession of hairline and deepening of frontotemporal angles. This is usually accompanied by loss of density in the vertex region as well. Depending upon the extent of baldness AGA is divided into 6 grades. (FIGURE Norwood Hamilton)
It can be managed both surgically and non surgically. However, for cases with extensive hair loss or baldness, hair transplant is the preferred option.
Hair transplant is a surgical form of hair restoration wherein hair follicles are taken from one part of the body, usually the posterior scalp, also known as the donor area, and transplanted onto the bald or balding site known as the recipient site.
Techniques used for Hair transplant
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE)- FUE is the modern technique of hair transplantation. This treatment is more advanced than previous methods of hair transplantation, such as strip harvesting transplantation and FUT.In FUE, an experienced doctor extracts hair follicles from the donor area (typically the back of the neck) with the use of a specialized extraction instrument.
The follicles are then transferred to the recipient area. Using a specialist microsurgical needle, the surgeon will puncture the recipient area. The grafts are then inserted at an angle into the recipient area, and with a specific density, so that it will resemble a natural and realistic hair pattern.
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT)-In FUThe patient is anesthetized and a doctor removes strips of tissue from the donor area, and, once extracted, the donor strip is cut into individual follicular units.The doctor then makes tiny holes in the scalp, where the follicular unit
ADVANTAGES OF FUE
- There is no visible scarring
- It is minimally invasive
- Reduced healing time, can resume work the next day
- Dressing only for 1 day
- Less follicle damage, leading to a greater uptake rate
- More flexibility in choosing donor sites
- 100 % Natural
- 1-day procedure
- Minimal pain
- No long-term care required
Q.Why choose SKinhelaers?
- First and foremost, as is feared by many these days, all the surgeries are done/ supervised by Dr. Amanjot herself and not done by technicians alone.
- At Skinhelaers, we understand that every graft is precious and utmost care is taken to extract each follicle carefully with minimum transaction rate possible.
- The number of grafts that are promised is actually implanted and the patient can count the same as the grafts are placed in groups of hundreds in Petri dishes.
- Our center is also equipped with the BIO FUE technique which employs the use of PRP along with hair transplant which makes the hair longer, stronger and healthier.
- The slits are made before the extraction so as to keep the minimum out of body time for the grafts. Also, the slits are made as per the size of the graft so that the grafts fit in perfectly into the slits and the growth is uniform with any cobblestoning
- The extraction is done use blunt punches so as to ensure minimum trauma to the grafts while extracting.
- First Out First In: the grafts that are taken out first and implanted in first so as to have minimum out of body time which ensures best results.
Q. Are any tests required before the procedure?
Yes, a complete blood count, coagulation profile and viral markers are done to ensure the safety of the procedure. With in-house labs, these tests are done at skin healers itself and you don’t have to worry about moving around and getting tests done from anywhere else. Whats better the tests are included in the Hair transplant package itself.
Q.What to expect in the immediate post-procedure period?
Mild swelling can develop in the forehead and around the eyes from day 2 or 3 onwards which though might seem unsightly usually settles in 2-3 days. A bandage is however applied to reduce this swelling
A set of medications is given after the surgery, the cost of which is also included in the treatment package.
Also, a list of postoperative instructions is given to the patient about bathing, head washing and lifestyle precautions that one has to take up to 2 weeks after the procedure.
Q.when to expect the results?
The implanted hair usually starts to fall at about 6-12 weeks post-op. Fret not because the new hair will grow in their place because the initial implanted hair leaves their stem cells behind that form new hair which will grow longer and stronger like your natural hair. From 2nd/ 3rd month onwards, the patients usually appreciate improvement int heir looks and the best results can be appreciated at 9-12 months pot the surgery
Contact Us To Know More!
Our team will be happy to assist you!