HAIR TRANSPLANT FOR WOMEN
Beautiful locks are desired by every woman. However, hair fall problems are troubling many women across the globe. Hair fall can occur due to a variety of causes and is broadly classified into two types:
- Noncicatricial/ nonscarring type of alopecia- the more common type
- Cicatricial/ scarring type of alopecia – the less common type
I Nonscarring alopecia- It includes the following conditions
- Telogen effluvium- this is the most common type of hair fall seen in young women. It usually follows periods of unhealthy dieting, sickness, thyroid disorders, seborrheic dermatitis, and certain medications. In this type of hair loss, there is a loss of hair from all over the scalp with a decrease in hair density especially over the temporal (lateral scalp).
- Anagen effluvium– This type of hair loss usually follows cancer chemotherapy and is characterized by loss of hair from all over scalp and eyebrows resulting in baldness.
- Female pattern hair loss– This type of hair fall is usually seen in the menopausal age group and is characterized by widening of the central partition or loss of hair only from the crown area with an intact anterior hairline. It is also seen in younger women with PCOD and other hormonal problems.
FEMALE PATTERNED HAIR LOSS
- SAHA Syndrome– This type of hair fall is accompanied by oily skin, acne, and hirsuitism (increased hair growth on face and other sites) and irregular periods. It is usually seen in women with hyperandrogenemic states like PCOD, adrenal disorders and other hormonal problems.
- Alopecia areata- It is characterized by presence of bald patches in an otherwise normal scalp. Sometimes in extensive cases it can involve the whole scalp or even the whole body.
- Hair shaft disorders- In this type of hair fall, the hair don’t fall from the roots but shed due to breakage of the hair shaft which is usually rendered weak due to chemical procedures on the scalp, or excessive use of heat appliances on the hair.
II Cicatricial alopecia
In this type of alopecia there is scarring of scalp, that is, the roots of the hair get destroyed by the disease process, resulting in bald patches with scarred scalp. Diseases most commonly causing cicatricial alopecia include Lichen plano pilaris, discoid lupus erythematosus , trauma/ accident and peudopelade of brocq.
Q.Which indications qualify for a Hair Transplant?
Not all types of hair fall qualify for a hair transplant. Hair transplant is done for women with the following hair fall conditions:
- Female pattern hair loss wherein there has been not much improvement with medical treatment and PRP and the patient has sufficient density in the donor area.
- Women with hair loss due to trauma or accident
- Scarring type of hair loss that has been stable for 1 year without treatment
- Tractional alopecia
- Eyebrow transplant
- How and from where are the grafts taken for hair transplant?
Hair are taken from the posterior scalp. A small section of hair is shave from where the grafts are extracted by FUE technique. The area is strategicallay chosed in a way that the shave area could be hid by the layer of hair that falls from the top.
Q.Why choose SKinhelaers?
- First and foremost, as is feared by many these days, all the surgeries are done/ supervised by Dr. Amanjot herself and not done by technicians alone.
- At Skinhelaers, we understand that every graft is precious and utmost care is taken to extract each follicle carefully with minimum transaction rate possible.
- The number of grafts that are promised is actually implanted and the patient can count the same as the grafts are placed in groups of hundreds in Petri dishes.
- Our center is also equipped with the BIO FUE technique which employs the use of PRP along with hair transplant which makes the hair longer, stronger and healthier.
- The slits are made before the extraction so as to keep the minimum out of body time for the grafts. Also, the slits are made as per the size of the graft so that the grafts fit in perfectly into the slits and the growth is uniform with any cobblestoning
- The extraction is done use blunt punches so as to ensure minimum trauma to the grafts while extracting.
- First Out First In the grafts that are taken out first and implanted in first so as to have minimum out of body time which ensures best results
Q. Are any tests required before the procedure?
Yes, a complete blood count, coagulation proile and viral markers are done to ensure the safety of the procedure. With in house labs, these tests are done at skinhealers itself and you don’t have to worry about moving around and getting tests done from anywhere else. Whats better the tests are included in the Hair transplant package itself.
Q.What to expect in the immediate post-procedure period?
Mild swelling can develop in the forehead and around the eyes from day 2 or 3 onwards which though might seem unsightly usually settles in 2-3 days. A bandage is however applied to reduce this swelling
A set of medications is given after the surgery , the cost of which is also included in the treatment package.
Also, a list of post operative instructions is given to the patient about bathing, head washing and lifestyle precautions that one has to take up to 2 weeks after the procedure.
Q.when to expect the results?
The implanted hair usually start to fall at about 6-12 weeks post op. Fret not because the new hair will grow in their place because the intial implanted hair leave their stem cells behind that form new hair which will grow longer and stronger like your natural hair. From 2nd/ 3rd month onwards, the patients usally appreciate improvement int heir looks and the best results can be appreciated at 9-12 months pot the surgery
Contact Us To Know More!
Our team will be happy to assist you!